EU Project PriMeBits
Printed logic and memory is estimated to gain a significant market by the end of the current decade. The research and development efforts on different printable memory technologies have increased during the recent years. In the PriMeBits project the focus is on inorganic nanoparticulate metal as well as ferroelectric metal-oxide memory materials and prototyping the results in new applications, e.g.
1. Logistics : Moisture alarm for the dry package supply chain
2. Retail Moisture Alarm: Enabling high quality customer services
3. Mildew Watch Dog: Ensuring a healthy, CO2 compliant home
4. ePIN: Secure protection leveraging your personal ePIN on paper
5. IQCard Games: Integrates brain jogging into playing cards
6. Loyalty Ticketing: Disposable Loyalty Solutions at conferences
Depending on the application, contact and contactless external devices are used for
the reading and writing of the memory.
As final demonstrator the project consortium gave away 1000 voting cards containing
the fully printed memory at the IDTechEx conference 2011 .